My awesome friend Zarine tagged me. In response to the questionnaire, here are my answers. Forgive my bruseque-ness. I am back at work and facing withdrawal symptoms.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’ve never done before?
I grew up.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolution, and will you make more for next?
I didn’t make any resolutions in 2012. I (sort-of) have made a few this year.
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I have been fortunate to have, not just a date, etched upon my memory, but a whole month! December of 2012, it is! Oh also, January 2013 beginning.
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Growing up and knowing what I don’t want.
5. What was your biggest failure?
Letting my life slide and running into the danger of losing faith in myself and giving into mediocrity. I’m still somewhere there but I’m looking for ways out. Hopefully, the light at the end of the tunnel is not just a mirage and does exist.
6. Did you suffer illness?
Yes, also underwent dental procedures.
7. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Lady Luck’s, my behavior and that of people at my work-place.
8. Where did most of your money go?
Booking tickets and on moving-packing. Also, I now pay bills and taxes.
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
10) What song will always remind you of 2012?
Gym Class Heroes’ ‘The Fighter’, Kanye West’s ‘Stronger’ and Kelly Clarkson’s ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’. Oh also, ‘Emma’ by Dirty Vegas.
11) Compared to this time last year are you happier or sadder?
Sadder, in fact, downright depressed.
12) What do you wish you’d done more of?
Nothing. Actually, I wish I had worked out more.
13) What do you wish you’d done less of?
Less of cribbing and crying but I feel that couldn’t have been helped.
14) Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes, all over again.
15) What/Who was your greatest musical discovery?
Electronic Rock, something like that.
16) What did you want and get?
I wanted financial independence and got it.
17) What did you want and not get?
I wanted a career – work / challenge and didn’t get it.
18) What was your favorite film of this year?
I watched many but none come to my mind.
19) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I ushered in the 22nd by spending time with family.
20) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Job and city satisfaction. Also, proximity to home and one other special individual.
21) What kept you sane?
The light at the end of the tunnel making me believe that there was a way out of the mess. Also, constant encouragement and support from family and one other special individual. (Thank God for them!)
22) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?
You have to grow up at some point in time. Also, certain harmful patterns have to be broken.
23) Which new places did you visit in 2012?
Delhi, unfortunately and Mumbai, fortunately.
24) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger,
Stand a little taller,
Doesn’t mean I’m lonely when I’m alone…
25) Tag some bloggers whose answers you would love to read.
I tag Zarine back.